Sangita Kalanidhi T.N. Krishnan - Violin
Sangita Kalanidhi Palghat T. S. Mani Iyer - Mridangam
Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyengar, one of the greatest Carnatic musicians of our times, is universally acknowledged as the architect of the modern day concert format, the appeal of which has stood the test of time. Every musician is indebted to him for this. He was a great stylist, a trailblazer who has inspired, nurtured and educated a whole generation of music lovers and performers. His impeccable Kalapramana (Tempo), immaculate sense of proportion and elegant exposition of all aspects of music were some of the hallmarks of his approach. His music was such that it had immense appeal with both the lay man as well the connoisseur. He always packed his concert with a variety of compositions encompassing a wide gamut of composers and different forms. We have in this scintillating concert assorted compositions of many great composers including the Trinity, Andal's Tiruppavai, a Padam, a Javali, a Tillana giving the listener a wholesome experience!
The highlight of this superb concert is the unrivalled combination of this doyen with the legends T. N. Krishnan on the Violin and Palghat Mani Iyer on the Mridangam. Enjoy this live concert of 1956 at Allepey during the Rama Navami Festival.
CD - 01
1. Entharo Mahanubhavulu - Shri - Adi - Tyagaraja
2. Ramanatham Bhajeham - Kashiramakriya (Pantuvarali) - Rupakam - Muttuswami Dikshitar
3. Hariharaputram - Vasanta - Khanda Ekam - Muttuswami Dikshitar
4. Ninnuvina - Purvikalyani - Mishra Chapu - Shyama Sastri
5. Toli Janma - Bilahari - Khanda Chapu - Tyagaraja
CD - 02
6. Azhi Mazhai Kanna (Tiruppavai) - Varali - Adi - Andal
7. Hecharikaga - Yadukulakambhoji - Khanda Chapu - Tyagaraja
8. Koluvamaregada - Todi - Adi - Tyagaraja
9. Karavaikal (Tiruppavai) - Kambhoji - Adi - Andal
CD - 03
10. Ragam, Tanam & Pallavi ("Mahima Teliya Tarama") - Shankarabharanam - Rupakam
11. Orutthi Maganai (Tiruppavai) - Behag - Adi - Andal
12. Nareemani (Javali) - Khamas - Ekam - Dharmapuri Subbarayar
13. Mogadochi (Padam) - Sahana - Adi - Sarangapani
14. Vandan Vandan - Mohanam - Adi - Arunachala Kavi
15. Kandu Dhanya - Behag - Rupakam - Kanakadasa
16. Tillana - Todi
The contents herein have been retrieved from archives and spruced up with the best of technologies. Every effort has been made to give by and large, a fine audio listening experience.